Hobby Supplies & Classes
A few of the things we do at The Glass Workbench are...
- Create amazing stained, fused and mosaic glass artwork
- Repair stained glass lamps and windows in our shop
- Teach stained glass, fused glass and mosaic glass classes
- Carry supplies for the glass hobbyist
- Stock over 500 colors and types of sheet glass for the hobbyist
Choose one of our beautiful glass pieces just for you, Or, we'll teach you how to make your own stained glass panel. Either way it's sure to become a family heirloom!
In our gift shop you'll find...
- Dichroic glass jewelry
- Sun catchers and nightlights
- Blown glass ornaments
- Garden stakes and flags
- Glass gazing balls
- Blown glass paperweights
- Many more colorful items?
We also distribute our own "Tiffany Garden" design books and mosaic forms for the stained glass stepping stone technique which Julie developed.
Historic Main Street
Located on South Main Street in Historic St. Charles, we are certain you will enjoy your visit to our area. Our Building is on the National Register of Historic Places and was built by slaves in about the year 1820 for Thomas Lindsey. The 24 inch thick stone walls are made of Burlington limestone.
Visit the Historic St. Charles website for a calendar of events and more information.